Placement Test Tutorial
Students can get several free hours of introduction to the ALEKS program
practice using it. For information on how to do so, see Preparing for the Placement Test.
Any student who wishes to have a more extensive preparation for the math
placement test can do so by
purchasing an online tutorial from the B-W bookstore.
- This tutorial is appropriate for students who feel they are ready for a college-level math course, but need a short refresher to prepare for the placement test.
- It is also appropriate (and encouraged) for students who took
the placement test and scored above 50% (but below 75%) and wish to
eventually retake it (for a $20 fee).
- The tutorial contains an instruction booklet for the ALEKS website, a course code for the tutorial, and a registration code that allows you unlimited access to ALEKS for up to 6 weeks.
- After registering with the ALEKS tutorial, you will be given
"initial assessment" (similar to the placement test) to determine your
strengths and weaknesses.
- You will then be guided through an interactive tutorial based
your needs. The tutorial provides practice problems, explanations, and
- When you feel you are ready to take the placement test, follow the instructions for the Math Placement Test
- Contact the Placement Administrator if you have any questions or if you wish to retake the test.
(440) 826-6882 ext 1